Ontario Independent

Thursday, June 30, 2022

Another decrease in COVID-19 hospitalizations has been reported in Ontario

A further drop in COVID-19 hospitalizations has been reported in Ontario

Key Takeaways:

  • The number of people hospitalised in Ontario with COVID-19 has dropped yet again, as the pandemic’s strain on the province’s healthcare system continues to ease.
  • According to officials since the pandemic began in March 2020, there have been a total of 11,770 COVID-19-related deaths in the province.

The count of people hospitalized with COVID-19 in Ontario has decreased yet again, as pandemic stress on the province’s healthcare system continues to ease.

As of Saturday, the province reported that 2,493 people were hospitalized with COVID-19. On Friday, that figure had risen to over 2,600.

According to health officials, there are currently 501 people with COVID-19 in ICUs across the province. That number was 517 on Friday and 541 the day before.

Also read: Doug Ford issues a statement ahead of a protest convoy in Toronto

The number of COVID-19 patients admitted to hospitals and ICUs has been steadily decreasing for several days now.

The province reported on Saturday that 59 more people had died due to COVID-19.

“Of these, five deaths occurred on February 4, 19 deaths occurred on February 3, seven deaths occurred on February 2, and the remaining took place in the preceding days,” a Ministry of Health spokesperson said Saturday.

A further drop in COVID-19 hospitalizations has been reported in Ontario
A further drop in COVID-19 hospitalizations has been reported in Ontario. Image from CBC News

According to officials, there have been a total of 11,770 COVID-19-related deaths in the province since the pandemic began in March 2020.

According to the province, 54% of the 2,493 people admitted to the hospital mainly for COVID-19. In comparison, the remaining 46% were admitted for other purposes but have now tested positive for the virus.

On Saturday, the province reported 3,204 new cases of COVID-19, but health officials warned that this number is probably an underestimate due to testing limitations and backlogs.

The Ministry of Health reports that the province’s positivity rate is around 12%, based on 22,527 tests processed in the last 24 hours.

Source: CTV News

Get Canada and Ontario‚Äôs top News, Market news, and other worldwide news only on Ontario Independent

Show More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.