Ontario Independent

Wednesday, August 17, 2022

On Wednesday, Ontario confirmed 92 more COVID-19 deaths

On Wednesday, Ontario confirmed 92 additional COVID-19 deaths

Key takeaways:

  • In Ontario, COVID-19 has resulted in 92 additional deaths and a slight decrease in the number of patients receiving intensive care treatment.
  • Six of the deaths occurred on Tuesday, 23 on Monday, and 27 on Sunday, according to a Ministry of Health spokesman.

COVID-19 has resulted in 92 additional deaths in Ontario and a slight decrease in the number of patients receiving treatment in intensive care.

Ninety-nine deaths have been confirmed in the last twenty-one days, with the remaining three occurring more than a month ago.

According to a spokesman for the Ministry of Health, six of the deaths took place on Tuesday, 23 on Monday, and 27 on Sunday.

“In the preceding days,” the remaining deaths occurred.

Also read: Christine Elliott and Doug Ford have agreed to meet with nurses to discuss staffing shortages

Residents of long-term care facilities accounted for 14 of the deaths.

On Jan. 15, 2021, the province reported a death toll this high in a single day, which included many historical causalities that hadn’t been included in previous days.

In Ontario hospitals, COVID-19 is being used to treat 4,016 people, including 608 patients in intensive care units.

This is a slight decline from Tuesday when 626 patients were in the ICU.

COVID-19 was the cause of admission for just over 83 percent of ICU patients, while the remaining 17 percent tested positive while still being treated for other illnesses.

376 people in ICU are either unvaccinated, partially immunized, or have an unknown vaccination status, as per provincial data.

On Wednesday, Ontario confirmed 92 additional COVID-19 deaths.
On Wednesday, Ontario confirmed 92 additional COVID-19 deaths. Image from Rolling Stone

Three hundred and sixty-seven of those patients require the use of a ventilator to breathe.

The province’s positivity rate is now around 14.1 percent, with just over 33,600 tests processed within the last 24 hours.

Another 5,368 lab-confirmed cases were reported on Wednesday; however, because the province is only testing a small number of people, this number is likely underestimated.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE COVID-19 CASES?

In Toronto, 891 infections were discovered, with 765 in Peel Region as well as 339 in York Region.

Ottawa (322), Simcoe-Muskoka (322), Halton (266), Durham (257), Niagara (314), Waterloo (204), and Hamilton (204) are among the municipalities reporting more than 200 COVID-19 cases (202).

As per the province’s epidemiology report, 4 other public health units reported over 100 infections.

Two hundred cases were found in long-term care residents, whereas 104 were found in healthcare workers from across the province.

The overall number of lab-confirmed COVID-19 cases in Ontario, including deaths and recoveries, presently stands at 1,010,247.

Source: Global News

Get Canada and Ontario’s top News, Market news, and other worldwide news only on Ontario Independent

Show More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.