- A $100,000 winning Lotto 6/49 Encore ticket is soon to expire, so you might want to dig around in your couch cushions and check your pockets.
- A $10,000 Lotto 6/49 ticket from the draw on July 31, 2021 that has not been claimed will also expire, according to the OLG.
- If an OLG prize was not claimed, Bitonti stated that any forfeited earnings will be reimbursed to players through upcoming bonus games or promotions.
Have you purchased a lotto ticket in Ontario recently?
If so, you might want to look among your sofa cushions and check your pockets since a $100,000 winning Lotto 6/49 Encore ticket is about to run out of time.
In a news release on Thursday, the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation said that the winning ticket was obtained after the draw on July 28, 2021.
While no one could claim the $5 million prize in that draw, two winning Encore tickets valued at $100,000 each were found. Only one has been claimed thus far.
One lucky winner has less than two weeks left to claim their prize because players have precisely 1 year from the draw date.
The winning numbers are 8843253, and to win, the ticket must precisely match those Encore numbers.
The OLG also announced that a $10,000 Lotto 6/49 ticket from the draw on July 31, 2021, that has not been claimed would also expire. The ticket in question was bought in King City.
The most typical reason a ticket remains unclaimed is that it is forgotten, according to the director of external communications for the OLG, Tony Bitonti, who previously spoke with CTV News Toronto.
“Many tickets are left in jacket pockets or kitchen drawers” (especially when the seasons change). For instance, you purchase your ticket on a particularly chilly spring day and place it in your jacket pocket, but when the weather warms up, you put the jacket away and forget about the ticket, he explained last month.
In any event, Bitonti said that any forfeited winnings would be returned to players through upcoming bonus games or promotions if an OLG reward was not claimed.
Any of the following methods might be used to verify whether you have the winning ticket:
- Visit OLG.ca to view the winning numbers.
- Utilize your mobile device’s OLG App. Scan the barcode on the ticket, then watch the screen for the message to show up.
- Call the “WIN! Line” at 416-870-8946 in the Toronto region or 1-866-891-8946 toll-free (outside the Toronto area).
Source: CTV News
Get Canada and Ontario’s top News, Market news, and other worldwide news only on Ontario Independent