Ontario Independent

Tuesday, November 28, 2023

For a second day, Toronto is under a heat warning

For the second day in a row, Toronto is under a heat advisory.

Key Takeaways:

  • The second day in a row that a heat warning is in force, Toronto is currently experiencing sweltering temperatures.
  • It will be a little bit cooler and more seasonally appropriate on Thursday. According to Environment Canada, it will be 27 degrees and 35 percent humidity.

Toronto is experiencing scorching temperatures as a heat warning is in effect for the 2nd day in a row.

A warning from Environment Canada covering most of the province was issued in the city on Tuesday.

On Wednesday, Toronto is expected to reach a high of 31 degrees Celsius, but the humidity will make it seem more like 40.

The city’s typical mid-July high temperature is roughly 27 degrees.

Also read: Monkeypox cases in Ontario have increased by 47% over the last 5 days

There is a 30% probability of showers throughout the city and a 30% chance of thunderstorms. This evening, there is a 70% probability of precipitation.

Only 21 degrees will be low at night, offering no reprieve from the heat.

On Thursday, it will be a little bit cooler and more typical of the season. Environment Canada predicts a temperature of 27 and a humidex of 35.

The “dog days of summer” are what Environment Canada’s senior climatologist Dave Phillips refers to.

On Wednesday, he told CTV News Channel, “This is the time you’d expect such searing, blistering heat.”

“The length of this particular period is varied.”

For the second day in a row, Toronto is under a heat advisory.
For the second day in a row, Toronto is under a heat advisory. Image from Narcity

The weather service has warned that the current hot and humid conditions could worsen air quality. The following symptoms of a heat-related sickness are being warned about: edoema, rash, cramps, dizziness, heat exhaustion, heat stroke, and the exacerbation of some preexisting medical disorders.

Seek a cool location, such as a tree-shaded area, pool house, shower or bath, or air-conditioned area like a public building, advises Environment Canada.

Never leave anyone inside a parked automobile, including pets.

For a second day, the city has extended the hours at seven public pools until 11:45 p.m. The following facilities will stay open later: Sunnyside – Gus Ryder, Alex Duff, Giovanni Caboto, McGregor Park, Monarch Park, Parkway Forest, and more.

Source: CTV News

Get Canada and Ontario’s top News, Market news, and other worldwide news only on Ontario Independent

Show More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *